Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You gotta know I'm quilting.....

I really am. I've been hand quilting on my Hopscotch Quilt and I'm almost done. I can't wait to show you pics. I'm really loving it.

And, I've made a few more nine patches. I'm thinking I need to start auditioning fabrics for the alternating block. I'm doing a simple plain block. But, I do reserve the right to change my mind! LOL

OH, and guess what came in the mail yesterday??? Plaid fabrics!!!! Oh my! They are lovely. I'll show pics of those too! Looks like I might be able to get some borders on my Homespun Stars quilt this weekend! Woot!

But, for today....no sewing for me. I'm off to get a hair cut and then this afternoon, a trip to get Dear Younger Daughter's teeth cleaned. Ugh. Three to four trips a year for that since she has braces! Have to keep those teeth healthy!! House work in between since the end of this week is going to be busy with friends coming over! Fun stuff!!!! :)

And, finally, Theresa asked about quilt shops in the Spring Texas area. I would have sent her a private message, but she is a no-reply blogger. Here are the four I know of. If anyone knows of any others, please let me know.

GRS Creations and Fabrics
302 Main St # A
Spring, TX 77373-8374

Quakertown Quilts
25823 Budde Road
The Woodlands, Texas

The Needle Nest
2219 Sawdust Road
The Woodlands, TX 77380


The Hen House
5701 Louetta Road Suite 200

Spring, TX 77379-7928



Happy Quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Betty Lou said...

You have been busy--------will wait for pictures. Hugs

suemac said...

I will have to try some of the quilt shops when I am in the Houston area.