Friday, June 24, 2011

Behind....

I am behind. I've not been quilting. I'm missing my sewing room. And, it looks like it will be a while before I can get back in there. :(

It's been one of those weeks. We've had people in our house everyday. And, believe me, I'm not complaining....except for those repair men. Don't really like them. But, otherwise, it's been dear friends here, and THAT I love.

But the down side is that it leaves less time for sewing and quilting.

I know I will get back to sewing and I'll get all caught up at some point in the near future. I just wanted to let you know what's happening.



And, here's a public service announcement:: Get your dryer vent checked.

About a year ago, shortly after we moved here, we bought a new washer and dryer. The high efficiency ones. Love them. But the dryer never seemed to work right. I was always having to run the load a second time. The dryer would cut off before the load was really good and dry.

I checked the trouble shooting part of the booklet that came with the dryer, adjusted this and that, nothing seemed to work. I thought I just needed to learn my new dryer. But the problem never got resolved.

So this week, we called the repair man out to look at our dryer. He discovered that the problem is that they dryer is not vented properly because the vent in the wall needs to be cleaned out. (Our dryer is located in the center of the house, not on an outside wall.)

Tomorrow, a man is coming to clean out the vent in the wall. Since we replaced the flexible vent hose, we thought we were fine. (And, we do clean check our flexible hose and clean around and under the dryer yearly.) But I never even thought of the wall vent. This house was built in the 80's and doubt anyone has thought to have the vent in the wall cleaned. I know I wouldn't think of it....I didn't think of it.

So, if your dryer is taking longer to dry, if it seems to really heat up when you use it, check your hoses and venting system. They may need to be cleaned or replaced.


Happy Quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the reminder about the dryer vents. I know they can also get kinked if they're too long and that will cause lint to build up in the vent hose.
I hope you soon have time to sew and relax.

suemac said...

My sewing room is filled with luggage. My daughter and grandson are in town. No sewing for one more week.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

thanks Paula...great video...we never leave ours running when gone BUt need to have it cleaned yearly!!

Kathy

Lois Arnold said...

Please send some of the rain to Arizona! We sure need it! Thanks for the dryer warning!

WhiteStone said...

Good reminder!

Shades of Blue said...

Just came across your blog and am enjoying it :) You'll get back to your sewing/quilting I think everyone goes thru these "busy and hectic" time. Things will slow down and you'll be enjoying it soon enough :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hey Paula, you've been missed. Hope all is going well for you and your hubby.